As part of our effort to provide more robust and responsive service to our students and other members of the campus community, beginning January 3, 2017, Sonoma State University’s official business hours will be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. This change in operational hours is in line with the priorities set by the President’s Cabinet and with the practice at most other campuses.
Please be reminded that all full-time employees should be scheduled to work eight hours which includes two 15-minute paid breaks. Said breaks are intended to break up the work day, providing rest mid-way through the morning and again mid-way through the afternoon. Breaks may not be combined to extend the lunch period nor accumulated to allow for an adjusted start or end time. That being said, the campus will continue to support consideration of flexible/alternative work schedules that meet both the campus operational needs and the individual employees’ personal request.
Scheduling adjustment options, with appropriate approval from Dean/Director/AVP, include:
· 30-minute lunch period
· Staggering start/end times (e.g. some employees start earlier than 8:00 and some stay later than 5:00), with all full-time employees scheduled for eight hours of work
Note: Employee(s) may be on an alternative work schedule which will continue to be an option with managers’ approval
This email, indicating that our official campus business hours will change, is intended to serve as official notification to all represented employees per the following collective bargaining agreements:
· UAPD Collective Bargaining Agreement of January 28, 2015 – June 30, 2017, Page 42, Article 18.2
· CSUEU Collective Bargaining Agreement of November 12, 2014 – June 30, 2017, Page 67, Article 18.2
· APC Collective Bargaining Agreement of March 8, 2016 – June 30, 2017, Page 73, Article 28.8
· SETC Collective Bargaining Agreement of January 26,2016 – June 30, 2019, Page 79, Article 22.2
· SUPA Collective Bargaining Agreement of March 24, 2015 – June 30, 2018, Page 30, Article 13.5.c
Please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at 664-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org or your supervisor if you have questions. Thank you for helping to make Sonoma State a truly special place to learn and to work.
Human Resources Department
Sonoma State University
(707) 664-3100 | email@example.com